The purpose of the Software Tester is to develop test cases and apply testing methods and tools to thoroughly test the Direct Axis products. The Software Tester contributes to a collaborative culture in the Product Development area working with the Software Development teams to ensure development targets and measures are achieved.
– Relevant Tertiary Education and Testing Certification is beneficial
– IT Qualification, relevant tertiary degree or Diploma
– At least 5 years experience in a Software Testing
– Experience with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Strong Experience on SQL and XML and the ability to write statements in these languages
– Experience in Automated Testing tools e.g. QTP, Selenium etc. (2 years experience)
– Understanding and experience in Agile software development frameworks (at least 1 year’s experience)
– Ability to structure personal work efforts to ensure maximum productivity is achieved under guidance of the team lead
– Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
– Understanding of software testing approaches, methodologies and frameworks
– Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with key resources in the project.
– Must work well under pressure and changing priorities
– Flexibility to work in a changing, fast-paced environment
– Good communication skills, written and spoken
– Great team player
– Willingness to work outside primary capacity
Duties and roles:
– Responsible for quality aspects of software development including risk analysis, test development and test execution (formal and informal).
– Appropriately apply the latest techniques in test automation; e.g., data-driven testing, keyword driven
– Develop and implement test case methodologies and processes
– Find issues in the product and work with the development team to resolve them as soon as possible
– Work with the development team to resolve any issues that arise out of the testing process
– Participate in the release process to ensure that solutions meet business requirements.
– Document test results and report on software defects
– Contribute to the implementation of software quality assurance best practices
– To identify and define opportunities for improvement, measurements for those improvements and the implementation and roll out process to ensure that overall quality standards are met or exceeded
– To provide assistance with Release Management in planning and co-ordinating testing activities, with the rest of the test team, to ensure successful deployment of all releases to the QA environment.
– Seek to continuously improve software quality, testing tools and testing processes
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
Should you meet the above requirements, please visit our website on www.directaxis.co.za to apply.
blackjack online free game