- This event has passed.
CT Monthly Meetup – Hacking Remote Facilitation
September 27 @ 18:00 - 20:00
A big thank you to our amazing sponsors, CSG and Allan Gray.
– CSG has sponsored our food and drinks for this Meetup and has been a consistent Scrum User group supporter this year. For more info on CSG: https://www.csgi.com/
– Allan Gray has been our home for much of this year and we are incredibly grateful for their support. https://www.allangray.co.za/
If you would like to attend this event, please RVSP on our meetup page here: https://www.meetup.com/Cape-Town-Scrum-User-Group-SUGSA/events/254613771/
What to expect from the evening:
Remote working is becoming increasingly popular. We feel it is important to develop practical skills to enable more effective remote collaboration, regardless of one’s role. This will be an interactive session around the facilitation of collaborative remote team sessions with the simplest tools.
We’d like people to walk away with:
- Awareness: What to think about when facilitating remote sessions
- Understanding: Facilitation principles and how they map to remote contexts
- Practice: How to plan and run remote sessions
About the speakers:
I currently work at Jumo as an Agile Lead. I think the most amazing thing about me is that I became a scrum master by “accident” but now I can’t imagine doing anything else. I really love finding new ways to encourage collaboration and transparency and connecting with other communities. My favourite things are building lego and playing games.
I began my career in counselling and psychology and moved into software about 4 years ago. In the last 3-4 years I’ve found facilitating and coaching Agile teams deeply rewarding as the role allows me to bring a lot of the things I care deeply about together. I currently work at Jumo as an Agile Lead.