Agile Coach Retreat – South Africa
23 – 25 Oct 2015, Robertson
This is going to be SUGSA’s Third Agile Coach Retreat. It is an unconference which will be run as an open space. It is in the same week as the Scrum Gathering. We would like to encourage participants going to the Gathering to make the trip down to Cape Town to join us for the Agile Coach Retreat. As such we are offering a 10% discount to participants that have paid for their Scrum Gathering tickets.
Join us for 2 days and nights of highly collaborative, self-organized Open Space for everyone involved in coaching, training, mentoring and leading agile organisations teams and individuals. Agile Coaches, ScrumMasters, team leads, change agents, Product Owners, managers, other roles are all welcome. Diversity makes us smarter! Bring your passion, share your stories, spark enlightening discussions and ignite a firework of ideas.
The official hash tag is #acrza
The registration is open. In order to enable all participants to get to know each other in person we’ve limited the number of attendees to 40, so be sure to register EARLY to secure your place.
Prices will vary depending on the type of accommodation you select and whether you are willing to share accommodation or not.
There are 3 types of Accommodation:
- Farmhouse – R1300 – R1800 – the farmhouse is large and has 3 bathrooms, 2 lounges and an outside braai area.
- Small Cottage – R1550 – R1950 – small cottage with dining area and outside braai area.
- Nicer Small Cottage – R1800 – R2300 – small cottage with lounge area and outside braai area.
You can read more about the accommodation here: http://www.patbusch.co.za/accommodation/
You can arrange to share with someone you know or just be open to sharing with anyone else who wants to share. It’s a great way to get to know someone new, and makes it more affordable. There are rooms to share with single beds or rooms with double beds. If you know who you want to share with (and they are coming) please fill in their name under sharing and ask them to do the same when they register.
NOTE: The rooms and beds are limited and will be allocated on a First Come First Served basis. Once you have registered, please pay into the bank account listed on the registration form. You have 1 week (7 days) to pay, otherwise your spot becomes available again.
The price includes:
- Your accommodation for Friday and Saturday
- Dinner Friday evening
- Drinks Friday evening
- Breakfast Saturday
- Lunch Saturday
- Dinner Saturday
- Drinks Saturday evening
- Brunch Sunday
- Coffee and tea during the open spaces
Pat Busch, Robertson
Directions are on the website above and in image below.
From Friday, Oct 23th (12:00)
To Sunday, Oct 25th (12:00)
- 12:00 Gates open
- 12:30 Registration
- 13:00 – 16:00 Friday Intro for 1st time participants
- 18:00 Participants’ arrival
- 19:00 Dinner
- 21:00 Evening event
- 8:00-9:00 Breakfast
- 9:00-18:00 Open Space
- 19:00 Dinner – Braai
- 21:00 Evening event
- 10:00-11:00 Brunch
- 11:00-12:00 Open Space Close
If you have any questions, feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring…
- Some light reading – you’re going to be tired …
- Your special drinks – we will supply some beer and wine, but if you have special needs – please bring your own.
- If you are a coffee snob – bring your own plunger and beans
- Your special food – we will supply all meals, and there will be a vegetarian choice, if you have specific catering needs – please bring your own. (There are a few kitchen areas with cutlery etc – so you are welcome to cook for yourself if you want.)
- Extra warmth – the weather can be lovely, but it is still Cape Town, where we could have all 4 seasons in one day. So please bring your warm things along!
- Notebook & pen
- Mosquito repellent
- Sketchbooks, thinker toys, and any other creative additions to spark interesting conversations
- Swimming tings and/or running shoes, if you’re the sort who enjoys a bracing start to the day
Robertson is a 10 min drive and has a Super Spar and Pick n Pay – so you will be able to pop out to get most things you have forgotten 🙂
Note: There is not much cellphone signal out there in the bush…