- This event has passed.
Invest in Valuable Moments
April 10, 2019 @ 17:30 - 19:00 UTC+2
Our monthly events are made possible by our sponsors. If you would like to sponsor an event please contact us at email@example.com
Over many years, working in different roles in the financial services sector, the most life-changing of them was when I was entrusted to take on the role of Product Owner for one of the local big banks.
During this talk, I will take you along on my journey as a Product Owner in a bank and subsequently as a coach working with teams and Product Owners and often leadership and stakeholders too. Along the way, I got to experience some moments that I’ll share and that were, in my context, defining moments for me. I’ll take a shallow dive into some of those moments and what I was able to do to shift the system, learn from, or change. Then I’ll direct you to some of the resources that helped me along my journey and would hopefully help you, no matter which role you fulfil at your organisation.
What you will learn:
● Empathy for the different contexts each person finds themselves in, no matter their role
● Items to focus on to provide a perspective of where you fit in in the teams
● What a “Lame Duck” product owner is, (or in layperson’s terms a “Proxy” Product Owner) and go into some of the challenges you’ll likely face and ways to combat them
● When to know if you’re speaking to the real customer or a stakeholder, and what that can do to help you to be more effective.
● What were some of the things I was faced with, what I did and what the results were
● Valuable resources that I have used and still reference
● I bring different ways of expressing Value into the room and explore them with the group. These include the expression of Technical Debt as value and I also touch on Cost of Delay and demonstrate the impact of using it to shift the way the organisation sees the value of their features
About the speaker: Barry Tandy
“I pride myself on being able to build and maintain successful long-term relationships and through those relationships being able to follow a passion for working with people.
I am proud to work globally with a strong team from many backgrounds and with a wide variety of skillsets at agile42. Our aim is to change the work lives of people, and through our work, help to remove some of the pain experienced in their organisations.”