If you are passionate about the SUGSA community and would like to serve on the committee, applications for the 2022/2023 committee are now open. We are happy and open to anyone who wants to volunteer or get involved. Simply approach any of the current committee members and ask for ways to get more involved.
Expectations of committee members
Before applying, please check that you feel comfortable with the below expectations of committee members:
- Willingness to dedicate substantial time and energy to committee activities
- Attend monthly SUGSA meetups (specific to your region)
- Attend weekly/monthly SUGSA committee meetings as and when necessary (both face to face and remotely)
- Work collaboratively to get stuff done (organising various SUGSA events, such as the Meetups & the Scrum Gathering)
- Be involved in major decision making & honor decisions taken where you were not able to attend
- Be objective, honest and behave with integrity – not using the position for personal benefit or advantage at the expense of the community
- Act only in the best interests of the SUGSA community & committee
- Enthusiasm and interest in the SUGSA community
- Serve a 12 month term as part of the SUGSA committee
Voting process to follow
Once applications have closed we will send out links for voting, so keep an eye out!
- Existing committee members are voted for internally by the existing committee. A maximum of 4 existing committee members (per province) may continue to the following year.
- We are looking for between 3-4 new people in each province (Cape Town and Johannesburg)
If you would like to apply please use the following links:
- Cape Town: click here
- Johannesburg: click here
SUGSA Committee 2021/2022
The 2022/2023 Committee will be based on the 2021/2022 Committee’s discretion and the final decision will be communicated once reached.